Seeing Belinda the other day has reminded me of this fantastic paleo bread recipe she once passed on. So those that know me know baking isn’t one of my strengths! The precision of it all sets me up for failure, I would much rather throw things into a pot and taste along the way until it’s right!
This recipe however, I have attempted twice and each time – perfect! So I’m confident to say it’s fool proof 😀 Second time round I’ve added sliced green (spring) onions to the mix. There’s so many different things you can try though – olives, sun dried tomatoes, feta or herbs.
I’ve served this moorish bread with some creamy Persian feta (Belinda’s favourite) and it worked a real treat!
Did I mention this is gluten free? So everyone can enjoy!
Originally this was a Thermomix recipe but it can easily be done with a food processor.
You will need:
- 40g chia seeds
- 100g almonds
- 40g coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 6 eggs
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onions
- Pre heat over to 180C
- Line 21x11x7 loaf tin with baking paper
- In a food processor, mill the almonds and chia seeds together until they are finely ground
- Add flour, salt, bicarb of soda and mix again.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into loaf tin. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool before slicing