Carbs, butter, cheese, cream and alcohol – why are you so good?!
As expected, I definitely did get that snuggly post pasta feeling in my belly after gobbling this down – so worth it.
This only takes about 20 minutes to cook, so it’s great for a mid week meal
You will need:
- 200gm swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 400gm chicken mince
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 20gm butter
- lemon thyme
- 40gm parmesan cheese
- 300gm penne pasta
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Melt the butter in a large pan on medium heat and add the sliced garlic.
- Add the chicken to the pan and break it down with a wooden spoon. Season with a pinch of salt.
- When the chicken has browned off add in the mushrooms, white wine and a few sprigs of lemon thyme. Leave to cook for 15 minutes on a med – low heat. Season with cracked black pepper and remove the thyme sprigs.
- Grate half the parmesan into the sauce and stir through the cream. Cook for another minute before removing from the heat.
- Put the penne on to boil in another pot of salted water (Try to get this on around the same time you add the chicken to the pan to save time). When it is cooked through, strain but keep about a cup of the pasta water aside.
- Stir the penne through the sauce with about a tbs of the pasta water to help loosen the sauce.
- Serve with more grated parmesan, lemon thyme leaves and a pinch of chilli flakes if desired.