Now that I’ve started going to the gym after work instead of mornings (it’s way to cold!), I need dinners that can be put on the table fast. Ok I lie, I don’t put them on the table, we bring our food to the couch lol! Lately we’ve been watching Hannibal, which at times has been challenging to eat in front of. Blood and gore don’t go well with an oxtail stew, lets put it that way. Chicken tenders with lentil salad however….no dramas! So i guess my other tip is – white meat goes well with whatever you’re watching on Tv!
Cooking time: 20 mins
You will Need
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 4 tenders
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt for seasoning
- 1 cup of french lentils
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbed feta
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- juice of half a lemon
- parsley, roughly chopped
- First add the lentils into a saucepan with 2 cups of cold water and bring to the boil. Then bring the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the lentils are simmering, marinate the chicken with the paprika, lemon juice and salt.
- Heat a non stick griddle pan on med high and grill the chicken tenders for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Try to turn them only once so they get the nice charred lines that add to the smokey flavour.
- When the lentils are done, strain and rinse in cold water to bring the temperature down.
- Toss in a bowl with the diced tomato, crumbed feta, chilli flakes and lemon juice. Taste and add more lemon juice or salt if desired.
- Assemble on a plate with the chicken on top and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
If you like a bit of sauce, simply drizzle some natural greek yoghurt over the top