A creamy treat to enjoy with fruit ( I love dried figs with it!)
It’s lovely served straight away when it’s nice and warm but I can’t say there’s anything wrong with eating the leftovers cold at the fridge door!
You will need:
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- pinch of saffron
- Place the milk, cream and rice in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium then add the sugar. Stir through.
- Scrape out the vanilla beans from the pods and add to the mixture. Continue to stir on this medium heat.
- When the mixture starts to thicken after about 10 minutes, add in a pinch of the saffron threads.
- Keep stirring until the rice is tender. If the mixture starts to get too dry in the process then add boiling water a bit at a time until its a nice porridge consistency.