I’ve had soba noodles on my mind ever since discovering recently that I actually do like them!
They’re so quick to cook which makes this the perfect meal when you’ve just come home tired from work.
Serves 2, You will need:
- 2 x Salmon fillets (roughly 15ogm fillets)
- 150gm Dried Soba Noodles (most grocery stores will stock them, or try your local oriental market)
- Spring Onions
- Half a cucumber
- Bunch of coriander
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 tbs Sweet Soy Sauce
- 3 tbs Sesame Seeds
- Cook the soba noodles in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes, rinse under cold water
- Chop the cucumber, coriander and spring onions and toss into the noodles with the dressing ingredients. Add more to taste.
- To cook the salmon, marinate with a little of the sweet soy and sesame oil.
- Heat the pan with a little coconut oil until nice and hot, place the salmon skin side down until nice and crispy. Then flip the salmon carefully until cooked through. I like to take it off the heat when you can still see a pink strip of flesh in the middle.
- Serve up the noodle salad and salmon with a sprinkling more of sesame seeds – if you love them as much as I do!